Thursday, March 11, 2010

London Again

I am so frustrated right now! I was writing the post for half an hour and it was almost done. Then - click- Something happened, it disconnected and I couldn't believe my eyes - my post was gone and lost! And it was just when I was praising  the Internet and new technology and all the wonders of the modern world! So, what was I writing about? I spent a few hours surfing, clicking and staring at the monitor, in search of a reasonably priced hotel in central London. I was after cheap accomodation, a safe and clean room, plus a good breakfast to start me going in the morning. I don't want to spend a lot of money on accomodation as I need a room just to sleep in. Finally, I found a good one, I hope. I will tell you what it's like when I get back.

One day, when I grow into a woman of money and style, I will stay in a small boutique hotel in East London called 40 WINKS. It has only two bedrooms and it is owned by a designer David Carter. So, this down there IS NOT the bedroom I booked for my visit to London this year, but it is on my wish list for the years to come.




So my itinerary is as follows: I arrive in London on Saturday afternoon (27/03), the nex day I am leaving for Canterbury. I will be spending a week there, attending the seminar  for teachers "Creative Methodology". On Saturday I'll be back to London where I intend to stay for another five days.
I booked my hotel room in London on line. I also bought my bus tickets from and to Luton Airport through the Internet. I bought rail tickets to and from Canterbury, also with a click of a mouse. A few months ago I booked my seminar through the Internet as well as my Wizzair ticket. For a person who is not in very good terms with computer technology, it seemed a big achievement, so I was starting to feel really knowledgable and computer literate. This was the point when I started praising the Internet and computers when - click -puff-everything I wrote dissapeared. This time I will stop here.

And my little adventure starts in two weeks.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails